I am documenting how to build a simple structure for a 2 axis CNC.
I've used 2 DVD-ROM drives for the stepper motors (I'm assuming about 23 steps/revolution). (pictures below)
The motor driver is adafruit motorshield . It uses H-bridge for steppers so it's not supported by grbl directly.
You 'll need other software to communicate the CAM software with arduino.
- Load CNC controller program into arduino.
- Design your model.
- Generate GCODE
- Transmit GCODE to Arduino
Now, the links with the software for each step:
- GCodeCNCDemo ( https://www.marginallyclever.com), for compiling you'll need this library (AFMotorDrawBot).
- I'm using a VERY simple gcode generator for 2 axis works online in HTML5. Here
- It's generated by the above http://simplegcoder.com/
- Transmit the code so GCodeCNCDemo understands it with GCodeSender. (Dan-Marginallyclever)
- Move (VIDEO)